Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
Door to Door Organics shows us how to make Peanut Butter Banana Muffins.
You know, if sugar-free baking is this tasty then I think it’s something I *might* be able to get used to! Makes 12 muffins.
Recipe courtesy: Heather Disarro.
- cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cups unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cups peanut butter or almond butter
- 2 medium very ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 400. In a large bowl whisk together the mashed banana, peanut butter, applesauce, eggs, and milk until smooth. Add the flours, baking powder, and salt. Stir until just moistened.
- Spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray or line with muffin cups. Fill each cup about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes until they are just starting to turn golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature with butter, nut butter, or just by themselves!