Several hospitalized in Littleton for carbon monoxide poisoning
LITTLETON, Colo. — Nine people suffered through a difficult start to 2013 after being hospitalized for carbon monoxide poisoning on New Year’s Day.
West Metro Fire said that the initial emergency call from a residence at 9531 West Hialeah Street started out as less than urgent, with the reporting party telling dispatchers that several people were feeling sick at approximately 11 a.m.
After emergency crews arrived, they detected a heavy concentration of carbon monoxide in the area and transported five adults and four children to a nearby hospital. As of 12:30 a.m., all of the hospitalized parties were in stable condition.
Authorities said there were no carbon monoxide detectors in the house.