10 hospitalized in Littleton for carbon monoxide poisoning
LITTLETON, Colo. — Following a New Years Eve slumber party and celebration, a Littleton family and several friends were transported to a nearby hospital to be treated for symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning Tuesday.
The victims, which include five adults and five children, are not expected to suffer any serious injuries from the prolonged carbon monoxide exposure.
The leak, which was reported to the West Metro Fire Department before noon Tuesday, is still under investigation and has not been found by Xcel Energy crews.
Late Tuesday, rescue officials confirmed ten people were receiving treatment for the incident which occurred at 9531 Hialeah Place in Littleton. Investigators reported the family did have a monoxide detector in their home but that it was not functioning at the time of the leak.
The homeowners are not expected to be returning their property until at least Tuesday. Relatives told FOX31 Denver at least two adults were expected to be released from the hospital around 6 p.m.