Propane tank explodes, destroys 1 home and damages another in Westminster
WESTMINSTER, Colo. — A propane tank exploded causing a massive fire that destroyed a Westminster home and damaged a neighboring house Thursday morning.
The home is on N. Chase Way and near the intersection of Sheridan Boulevard and W. 112th Avenue.
Firefighters said the fire started around 8:45 a.m.
Neighbors said the homeowner was trying to thaw out a freezer with a propane heater. Some boxes fell on the heater and started the fire. The propane tank exploded soon after.
A neighboring home was also damaged in the fire. A neighbor estimated the damage to be around $20,000.
All the residents and their pets were able to get out okay and no injuries were reported.
Alan Wardlow lives in the neighborhood and sent the cell phone video below of freighters trying to put out the blaze.