BREAKING NEWS: Pat Bowlen relinquishes control of Broncos to battle Alzheimer’s disease

Electrical fire sparks in electrical room of Denver high rise

Firefighters gather near the scene of an electrical fire at Granite Towers in downtown Denver on July 12, 2013.

Firefighters gather near the scene of an electrical fire at Granite Towers in downtown Denver on July 12, 2013.

DENVER — Firefighters were sprawled across downtown Denver early Friday morning, dealing with a fire that broke out near the top floor of a high rise.

Denver Fire confirmed the blaze was reported around 2 a.m. at the Granite Tower building on 18th Avenue and Curtis Street. Crews indicated the fire was contained to one room near the top of the building, on the 33rd floor.

DFD dispatch indicated the fire was electrical in nature, and that it was contained to the electrical room.

No one was injured in the blaze, and only minor damage was caused to the building.