Police: Infant burned when placed on top of stove in car seat
DENVER — Denver Police are questioning the caretakers of an infant after an investigation reportedly revealed that the child was burned after being placed on top of a stove in a car seat.
According to a Denver Police Facebook post, Denver Fire responded to a reports of a fire in the 5000 block of Elkhart Street in Denver’s Montbello neighborhood on Thursday afternoon. Shortly after arriving, firefighters contacted police when they discovered a child had been burned in the home.
After an investigation, police detectives determined the child had suffered burn injuries after being strapped into a car seat and placed on top of a stove. Police said the investigation also revealed one of the child’s caretakers was believed to tending to another child when the incident occurred.
“The (injured) child was taken to Children’s Hospital and the individuals inside the home were ordered in to speak with detectives,” Denver Police wrote in their Facebook post.
As of Friday morning, police had not indicated if the child’s caretakers would face criminal charges.