DENVER -- Several metro Denver post offices will be able to accept your tax return late Tuesday night and make sure it gets postmarked before midnight.
All post offices will operate normal retail hours except for the Denver General Mail Facility location at 7500 E. 53rd Pl. Its retail operations will be available until midnight.
The following locations will not have extended retail hours, but the collection boxes outside the offices will be available for tax return drop off until midnight. All of these locations also have self-service kiosks where stamps can be purchased until midnight as well.
- Bear Valley Station, 7555 W. Amherst
- Capitol Hill Station, 1571 Marion St.
- Downtown Station, 951 20th St.
- Glendale Station, 945 Birch St.
- Lakewood Station, 10799 W. Alameda Ave.
- Mile High Station, 450 W. 14th St.
- Montclair Station, 8725 E. 11th Ave.
- North Pecos Station, 1411 Cortez St.
- Northglenn Station, 11887 Washington St.
- South Denver Station, 225 S. Broadway
- Sullivan Station, 8700 E. Jefferson Way
- University Park Station, 3800 Buchtel Blvd.
Tax mailing tips
- Apply the proper postage or stamps, especially if enclosing extra forms and schedules. Using a regular size number 2 envelope
- First Class postage costs 49 cents for the first ounce
- For heavier envelopes, add extra stamps or postage amounting to 20 cents for each additional ounce
- If you are not sure about the correct postage, it is best to add additional stamps, or take your forms to the Post Office to ensure that correct postage is applied
- Make sure you print the proper IRS address on the front of the envelope
- Print your return address in the upper-left-hand corner of your tax mail envelope
- Customers who wish certification that their tax mail form was sent, should send it Certified Mail
- Customers with IRS tax questions can contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 or go to