DENVER — The Denver Broncos will face the Indianapolis Colts in their first game of the 2014 season.
The team will play their first regular season game against the Colts in prime time on Sept. 7.
This will be the fourth year in a row that the Broncos open in prime time.
Here is the remainder of the 2014 Broncos NFL schedule:
- Sept. 7 vs Colts (NBC) — Primetime
- Sept. 14, vs Chiefs (CBS)
- Sept. 21, at Seahawks (CBS)
- Bye week
- Oct. 5, vs Cardinals (FOX31)
- Oct. 12 at Jets (CBS)
- Oct. 19, vs 49ers (NBC) — Primetime
- Oct. 23, vs Chargers (CBS, NFL Network) — Primetime
- Nov. 2, at Patriots (CBS)
- Nov. 9 at Raiders (CBS)
- Nov. 16 at Rams (CBS)
- Nov. 23 vs Dolphins (CBS)
- Nov. 30 at Chiefs (NBC) — Primetime
- Dec. 7 vs Bills (CBS)
- Dec. 14 at Chargers (CBS)
- Dec. 22 at Bengals (ESPN) — Primetime
- Dec. 28 vs Raiders (CBS)
NFL teams have known their opponents since the end of the last regular season, based on a rotation that has been in place since 2002.
The Broncos will play in the league maximum of five prime time games after winning the AFC title last season and playing in Super Bowl XLVIII.
The Broncos have won the AFC West Division title for the past three seasons.
The highlights, besides home-and-road games against the three other AFC West teams, include home games against the San Francisco 49ers, and road games against the New England Patriots and a Super Bowl rematch at Seattle.
The Broncos’ preseason schedule was announced earlier this month:
Aug. 7-10:vs. Seattle Seahawks
Aug. 14-18:at San Francisco 49ers
Aug. 21-24:vs. Houston Texans
Aug. 28:at Dallas Cowboys
The exact dates (other than the Aug. 28 game) and times will be finalized later.