Natural gas leak forces 600 tourists to evacuate 3 hotels in Vail
VAIL, Colo. — Three hotels in Vail were evacuated for several hours into Wednesday night because of a natural gas leak. About 600 guests had to be moved out of the buildings as a precautionary measure.
The Vail Fire Chief says construction workers hit a large gas pipe under a street and caused the leak. The gas was shut off, but repairs were expected to take about four hours.
The hotels were evacuated because power and gas had to be shut off to the area.