Chef Dan Widmann from Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts shows us how to make a Peach Melba.
Grilled Peach Melba
6 large Palisade Peaches
3 Tbs. Vegetable Oil
½ cup Sugar
¼ cup Water
¼ cup Rose´ Wine
Fresh Raspberry Sauce
½ pint Fresh Raspberries
¼ cup Sugar
1 pint Favorite Vanilla Ice Cream
1. Peel peaches, cut in half and remove pit, place in a bowl.
2. Combine Sugar and water in a pot and bring to a boil, reduce to simmer and simmer for two minutes. Remove from heat, add wine and set aside.
3. Toss with oil and place on a medium, hot preheat clean grill. You should be able to hold your hand 4” above the grill for 8-10 seconds.
4. Place on the grill cut side down, for 5-6 minutes depending on ripeness, Turn and grill 1-2 minutes on opposite side.
5. Place peaches in a bowl, pour syrup over peaches and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. They can sit 6 hours, but if you do so, cover with plastic wrap after 30 minutes
6. Meanwhile combine sugar and fresh raspberries in a bowl and mash with a fork; this can be a chunky consistency
When ready to serve place a scoop of ice cream in a wine glass. Add to peach halves (peaches and be quartered after they are grilled if this fits in your glass better). Drizzle so of the peach syrup over the peach and top with fresh raspberry sauce
Yield: Six servings